Sr. Analyst, Operations Policy and Procedure
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
What You'll Do:
- Own the research, writing, and editing or professional quality process and job guide documentation that establishes standard procedures across our operational teams in a financial services contact center environment
- Understand and operate within existing change management requirements, often in varying time constraints and levels of details.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute the translation of high-level conceptual information and ideas to written material that is thorough and thoughtful for the intended audience
- Operate within and actively contribute to a growing and structuring program with a senior mentality towards resolutions, improvements, and increasing structure to the program appropriately over time.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on operational procedure and processes, advising leadership through sound decision-making on process optimization or areas of risk.
- Serve as a senior individual contributor on the operations policy and procedure team, leading by example, displaying a high level of ownership, and mentoring others.
- Interact and proactively communicate with varying levels of department and operations leadership to ascertain areas of need or improvement in the program
What We Look For:
- 2+ Years of experience directly related to procedural documentation and content creation
- Formal writing or technical procedural writing experience required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Financial services regulatory and compliance knowledge required
- Experience in a startup, fintech, or fin-serv call center environment required
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards troubleshooting issues and solutions with a self-motivation to accept and complete tasks
- Highly organized individual with the ability to effectively balance a high volume of tasks of varying degrees of complexity, urgencies, and topics
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment that has a fast pace and continuous change with ease and comfort
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance on time management and work organization
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?