Credit Reporting Administrator
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Our Credit Reporting Administrator is responsible for accurate and timely Metro 2 submissions. You will provide executive level guidance on credit reporting standards, maintain compliance with laws, and continuously review new products to ensure appropriate credit reporting standards have been met by Upgrade. This person will research, develop and build process improvements for responding to credit bureau disputes. They will investigate and respond to CFPB, Attorney General, and other state agencies complaints. They will conduct monthly and ad hoc audits of the information reported to the credit bureaus to assure accuracy and to take corrective action as appropriate.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain strong knowledge of credit reporting requirements for all accounts, including, but not limited to, current, delinquent, repossession, bankruptcy, charge-off and transferred accounts.
- Assuring that all accounts reporting to the consumer reporting agencies are reported in accordance with Metro 2 Format, the Credit Reporting Resource Guide and in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Identifying and reporting credit reporting trends or issues to managers that may pose compliance or operational risk.
- Research and lead projects designed to enhance credit reporting and disputes processes.
- Adhere to company’s FCRA and credit policies, operational procedures, SOPs, and training guides focused on credit reporting and dispute management.
- Participate in creation and audit of Metro2 files and work with internal and external stakeholders on process improvement and make corrections if needed.
- Review and provide monthly reporting on accounts furnished to the credit reporting agencies (pre and post audit for Metro2).
- Ensure operational/compliance objectives remain in line with business requirements and organizational strategies.
- Assist as needed in compliance reviews, audits, and regulatory exams as they pertain to bureau reporting and inquiry removal.
- Submit AUDs for account corrections and fraud deletions.
- Act as a liaison with credit reporting agencies and ensure compliance within regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for proper record keeping providing proper audit trails.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned.
What We Look For:
- 3-5 years previous experience with Metro 2 processes, e-Oscar, and FCRA guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge credit reporting requirements for all accounts, including, but not limited to, current, delinquent, repossession, bankruptcy, charge-off and transferred accounts.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and highly organized self-starter and ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with data analysis and spreadsheet modeling and/or reporting.
- Experience with coding (SAS or SQL preferred) for data mining and manipulation.
- Querying skills and knowledge in a data warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Experience in a financial service setting at a startup, branch, and/or online support center is preferred.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible PTO.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Health & wellness initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?