Senior Fraud Analyst
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Upgrades Fraud Analytics team is looking for an ACH/card fraud risk professional who is passionate in fighting against fraud. This team member should specialize in analyzing fraud patterns while creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms to not only solve emerging fraud trends, but also to provide a great experience to our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a wide variety of partners in the company, such as product experts, platform engineers and back-end operation to mitigate and manage Upgrade financial loss caused by fraud risk such as ACH returns, unauthorized card chargeback and account take-over
- Apply advanced statistical techniques, algorithms, and industry tools to develop solutions that predict and prevent fraud risk associated with Upgrade Reward Checking and Personal Line of Credit products
- Build fraud risk-related variables based on fraudulent trends and insights
- Create robust and customer-friendly policies to reduce dispute abuse in ACH and card transactions
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in one of the following: economics, finance, engineering, statistics, etc
- 2+ years experience in performing data management and analytics
- Prior leadership experience building and leading small team
- Prior experience in Transactional Fraud Risk Management
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with proven ability to perform detailed analysis in real world problems
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must, including the ability to explain and/or present analyses and convey complex ideas to all audiences
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proficiency using SQL and querying relational databases, working knowledge of Python and Tableau a plus
- Has working knowledge of ACH return and card transaction dispute processes
- Excellent spoken and written English
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.