Senior Operations Systems Analyst
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Senior Operations Systems Analyst based in our Phoenix office. We are looking for someone to immerse themselves in our operations in a fast-pace, growing, learn-it-yourself environment. This person will have a great opportunity to gain and maintain an expert level of internal operational strategy and process understanding, and will be a key player in strategic and high impact operational projects, upholding a variety of operational excellence concepts. This role is a great fit for someone who likes to wear many hats or be a jack/jill-of-all-trades in a high-growth business environment, all with the aim of improving, scaling, and de-risking our operations.
This role is based in our Phoenix office and will be on-site at least 4 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with management to participate in assigned vendor relationships, upholding defined expectations, delivering feedback, and always ensuring the interests of the business in the progression of the relationship
- Act as a system administrator in assigned vendor tools that need heavy influence from operations stakeholders; including but not limited to:
- Low code/no code workflow configurations
- Change testing & management
- Troubleshooting system issues that have escalated through frontline tiers of help desk teams
- Maintaining proper system documentation of features, configurations, and changes in assigned systems
- Contribute to the collaborative environment of continuous improvement and feedback, partnering closely with team members who are focused on key operational systems, operations policy & procedure, and process improvement
- Support the ideation and documentation required for operational initiatives that require development work from our internal product & engineering teams. Express abstract & complex concepts through to successful delivery via clear business requirement documents, process flow charts, design mockups, etc
- Actively provide insights and drive improvements to existing systems and processes based on observation, analysis of data, business direction, and strategic focuses
What We Look For:
- 4+ years of Systems Analysis or Administration. Experience in startup and call center environments preferred
- Experience with project management (Agile or Scrum methodologies preferred)
- Flexible, positive, and solutions-oriented mindset with energy and willingness to tackle a variety of needs from our operations team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to largely self-manage your time and energy appropriately across a high volume of needs of varying degrees of complexity, urgencies, and topics
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment with ease and agility
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards troubleshooting issues and solutions with a self-motivation to accept and complete tasks
- Ability to “cut through the noise” and drive improvement in a rapidly changing and developing environment
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate across a wide audience from operational end users, project stakeholders, and senior leaders
- Executive presence to be able to conduct meetings with senior leadership and effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding production and quality expectations with involvement in non-production assignments or projects that exemplify the ability to adapt and grow into to this role
Nice to Have:
- Basic programming knowledge (SQL, Python, JSON)
- Experience administering any of the following systems:
- Google Workspace
- Atlassian products
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.