Facilities Operations Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Office and Engagement team is looking for a Facilities Operations Specialist to help build a great place to work in our Downtown Phoenix contact center! This person will be responsible for the maintenance of our beautiful office space by coordinating with vendors, business leaders, and office coordinators. Under the direction of the Office and Engagement manager, this role will assist in initiatives that drive the health and safety of our workspace, as well as other engagement activities.
This is an in-office role
What You’ll Do:
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure standards and budgets are being met
- Handy person - General interior maintenance - hang pictures, install equipment, repair office furniture systems
- Safety & sustainability initiatives
- Coordinate facility repair, maintenance, and daily operations for assigned office space
- Conduct daily walkthroughs of facilities, open tickets for any identified issues and use the data gathered to coordinate planned maintenance projects
- Resolve issues raised through tickets per the standards outlined
- Review calendars daily and solve conflicts, provide assistance for last minute meeting requests
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in shared spaces and storage areas
- Manage supply inventories and place necessary orders while maintaining budgets
- Assist in planning and supporting various office events
- Additional executive and office support as needed.
What We Look For:
- Being a knowledgeable and helpful resource for an employee base and your direct team
- Provide a high level of customer service to our team members and vendors
- Remain positive and poised in a fast paced environment
- You’re a master at Googling answers for challenges that do aren’t in the playbook
- Associate's degree or higher is preferred
- 1-3 years experience as a technician using standard tools such as drills, leveler, and wrench
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
What We Offer You:
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.