Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
The Settlement Specialist is part of the Collections Department which focuses on supporting the business, customers and ongoing strategic initiatives to support the success of the Phoenix Servicing Center as a whole. In this role, you must be able to work independently, have strong process improvement and performance management skills.
The ideal candidate brings a positive mindset to our team environment and embodies the pillars of the Phoenix Service Center (Supporting scalable and efficient growth, Providing caring customer experiences, Operating with integrity, Building flexible talent and engaged team).
What You’ll Do:
- Review submitted settlements and assign for approval as needed
- Process proposed settlements after settlement approval
- Proactively contact customers or customer representatives to negotiate settlement payments
- Provide direct feedback to CCPs on incorrectly submitted settlement proposals
- Partner closely with internal and external teams to creating open communication, monitoring and providing feedback
- Support operational policy and procedures by developing effective controls and updates to current processes
- Support all other ongoing responsibilities assigned
- Provide regular performance reporting to senior management
What We Look For:
- Bring a flexible mindset –we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high-quality work output
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Capable of completing assigned tasks with careful attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment with ease and with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding production and quality expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.