Operations Risk Manager
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Operations Risk Manager is responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting, and supporting activities required to effectively execute a product-specific operational risk framework. Reporting to the Head of Merchant Operations, this individual contributor will be responsible for the communication of control and process weaknesses identified through testing activities.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct periodic Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) reviews
- Build, develop, and monitor ongoing a merchant monitoring program
- Complete annual, quarterly, and monthly reviews and audits
- Work directly with merchants on due diligence requirements and audits
- Perform proactive control testing for automated and manual controls
- Lead assessments pertaining to Incidents, Issues, Internal Loss Data, Scenario Analysis, and Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Identifies risk, assesses impact, and makes recommendations on resolution
- Develop and maintain procedures
What We Look For:
- 3-5 years in a risk management or related role
- Experience with large data sets (Excel and Google Sheets) - Tableau and SQL preferred
- Significant experience demonstrating leadership, initiative, decision making, and creativity solving business problems
- Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
- Experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Self-motivated, independent, resourceful, and curious
- Fantastic attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to use good judgment and make sound independent decisions
- Enthusiastic about contributing to a hybrid in-office environment
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.