Merchant Support Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Merchant Support Specialist will assist our sales team by handling inbound and outbound calls from contractors and consumers, addressing inquiries related to product troubleshooting, login issues, and general assistance.
What You'll Do:
- Evaluate loan applications and make well-informed decisions based on established guidelines and criteria.
- Provide comprehensive customer support by understanding and effectively resolving issues, ensuring a positive experience for all customers.
- Guide and assist merchants through the onboarding process onto our platform, offering step-by-step guidance and addressing any concerns they may have.
- Execute various call campaigns to engage with contractors and consumers, promoting new features, updates, or special offers as required.
- Utilize Zendesk to promptly respond to customer inquiries received via email, maintaining a high standard of written communication and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, sales, and marketing to escalate and resolve complex issues, and provide insights into customer feedback.
- Continuously strive to enhance customer satisfaction by actively seeking ways to improve processes, address pain points, and contribute to the growth of the support team.
What We Look For:
- Proven support experience in a call center environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in an understandable manner
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams to succeed in managing projects
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and resilient. You move quickly and encourage continued improvement
- Empathetic and patient attitude towards customers, ensuring a positive interaction experience.
- Strong work ethic and desire to exceed expectations
What We Offer You:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.