Senior Product Manager, Personal Loans
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About this Role:
We are looking a Senior Product Manager to join our Personal Loans vertical. In this pivotal role, you'll own and drive key initiatives shaping user experiences and value. The role is perfect for those who are self-motivated and excel in an agile environment. You’ll be responsible for leading and collaborating with designers, engineers, marketers, and key partners to deliver impactful, measurable outcomes.
Please note that this is a hybrid role based in our downtown San Francisco office, with onsite work on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What You’ll Do:
- Product Delivery: Drive product development for Upgrade’s core Personal Loans business. You’ll own specific aspects of the Personal Loan origination platform including funnel optimization, partner integrations, and user facing experiences.
- Execution: Be responsible for executing complex initiatives from inception through to the ongoing optimization of established features and user experiences.
- Partnerships: Develop trusted internal and external partnerships, especially with Engineering and key third-party partners, to effectively utilize their input to inform product planning and execution.
- Roadmap Development: Independently drive and ideate on new roadmap items, showcasing creativity and innovation with a high level of trust from the management team.
What We Look For:
- Proven Track Record: A history of successful product delivery particularly in consumer-facing platforms and innovative fintech space.
- Product Management Expertise: At least 5 years of product management experience focused on delivering high-quality outcomes and user value.
- Technical Skills: Expertise in product development including complex third party APIs, integration, web analytics, A/B testing, and SQL.
- Demonstrated leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead teams, ensuring alignment and effectively resolving conflicts across organizational stakeholders.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is $180,000 - $200,000 USD annually plus equity and benefits. Within this range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience.
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.