Dealer Development Manager
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Dealer Development Manager will promote the indirect lending programs to both franchised and independent automobile dealerships. They will initiate, develop, maintain, and grow strong, mutually profitable business partnerships between Upgrade Auto Finance (UAF) and automobile dealerships. This individual will also educate key dealership decision makers on the features, attributes, and benefits of the Finance Companies programs while maintaining responsibility for market knowledge and communication of market conditions to UAF and management teams. This position requires residency in Spokane, WA.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish the first contact in business with our dealer customers, educating them on UAF and securing a dealer agreement to transact business via the indirect auto platform.
- Continually solicit dealer partners for applications and opportunities to secure contracts for funding with UAF.
- Build relationships and manage efficiencies as it relates to Book to Look and mix of business opportunities.
- Help grow the dealer base in your territory with emphasis on quality and profitability.
What We Look For:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
What We Look For:
- Prior relevant work experience; auto industry is preferred.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Visionary Leadership: Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill their vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiative
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.