Senior Manager, Credit & Investor Analytics
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Upgrade is looking for a Senior Manager to oversee Credit & Investor Analytics. In this role, you will partner with Investor teams to review and enhance Upgrade Card's acquisition & portfolio management strategy that can deliver target investor yields. Upgrade Card is Upgrade's flagship product that is recognized as one of the fastest-growing US credit cards by outstanding balances, according to the Nilson Report.
Please note that this is a hybrid role based in our downtown San Francisco office, with onsite work on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Upgrade Card’s Acquisition & Portfolio management team to review and enhance Upgrade Card's credit strategy, that includes Underwriting, Pricing, Line management, and Machine learning models to deliver investor target yields.
- Build a deep understanding of Upgrade Card’s business strategy, customers, investors and partners.
- Collaborate with Upgrade’s Capital Markets & Financial Institutions team to communicate credit & product changes to loan buyers and institutional investors.
- Develop loss forecasts and investor yield templates for various investor segments and deal structures.
- Develop and manage periodic insights & analytics templates to executive management, and Upgrade Investor teams.
- Back-test credit strategies using historical performance and review impact of credit expansion/tightening on investor yield.
What We Look For:
- 6+ years of experience in analytics, preferably consumer credit risk
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematical Finance, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Advanced experience in SQL.
- Hands-on experience with Python or R.
- Experience with Tableau and/or other BI/data visualization tools is a plus.
- An assertive and motivated leader capable of identifying new opportunities, spearheading projects, navigating uncertainty, and devising inventive solutions with minimal direction.
- Eagerness to comprehend the wider context surrounding business decisions.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to discuss / present complex issues in a simple manner.
- Proactive, driven, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is $150,000 - $170,000 USD annually plus equity and benefits. Within this range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.