Head of Federal Sales
We are looking for a highly motivated Head of Federal Sales to join the Voltron Data team. As a member of the Sales organization, you will report directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for crafting our Federal strategy, managing our Federal relationships, and securing partnerships, grants, and customer relationships with government clients. Security clearance is required for this role.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We are Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We are Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We are Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
What you get to do every day
- Set Direction: Craft and execute upon a federal strategy to build and expand Voltron Data’s presence within the federal sector through recurring contracts.
- Lead Federal Sales Cycle: Lead the end-to-end sales cycle (prospecting, presenting, forecasting, closing, onboarding, managing) for Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) opportunities.
- Facilitate Federal Work: Partner internally to secure federal grants, contracts, and other relevant government opportunities.
What you bring to the role
- A Track Record in Federal Sales: A background in federal sales, with sales experience in a closing role.
- A deep understanding of federal contracting, and an ability to determine which acquisition pathways are the best fit for Voltron Data.
- A consistent track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Government Relationships: Deep familiarity with and relationships in one or both of the DoD and / or IC.
- Security clearance is required for this role.
- Technology Depth: Expertise in data analytics and data infrastructure, and an understanding of the government’s needs and critical use cases in this space.
- Location: This role will ideally be based in Washington, D.C., or surrounding areas.
US Compensation - The salary range for this role is between $160,000-$250,000. We have a global market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the exact base pay will vary based on factors such as actual work location, skills and experience of the candidate. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.