The future of transportation is electric and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing modern, cloud-native platform architecture and robust systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the Role
The marketing manager will collaborate and communicate with the Executive, Policy, Business Development, and Partnership teams about the needs of the market while also supporting external-facing team members in telling a holistic story about WeaveGrid. The role will entail crafting marketing messages, developing collateral, driving communications strategy, and managing the WeaveGrid website and digital marketing campaigns.
This role will report into the Market Development team and will focus on demand/lead generation, content creation, communications, and website management:
- Develop marketing strategy in coordination with other go-to-market teams including Utility Sales, Partnerships, Regulatory, and Client Success
- Build highly-targeted, multi-channel account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns and programs that generate interest and move customers and prospects through the sales process
- Enhance WeaveGrid’s thought leadership in the complex and rapidly changing solution space at the intersection of electric utilities, auto manufacturers, regulators, consumers, and other stakeholders
- Develop new content, including:
- Sales enablement collateral, including: slideware, white papers, one-pagers, etc.
- Written communications and thought leadership, including refining WeaveGrid brand tone and voice and style guide to inform future writing
- External communications, press releases and media relations
- Website copy and SEO materials
- Product Marketing emails and company newsletters
- Website: monitor WeaveGrid’s website activity and lead conversion rates; manage improvements with a focus on SEO, UX, and conversion rates, in partnership with website development consultants
- Event planning: orchestrate Weave Grid’s events and conference participation, both virtual and field marketing
- Identify and execute on opportunities of alignment and reinforcement between WeaveGrid’s corporate and driver-facing brand identities while overseeing the development of new creative assets
- Utilize the Company’s website and other distribution channels to launch, track, and optimize campaigns and move prospects and customers down the funnel
- Regionalize marketing projects and strategies to align with business development objectives down to state-by-state and utility-by-utility levels of granularity
- Special projects and other duties as designated by your manager or assigned designee
You’re a mission-driven experienced marketer who’s fully dedicated to driving solutions for our climate crisis. You have experience in, but are excited to learn more about the utility industry, the electric vehicle industry, and the market landscape of utility service providers.
You have a track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing campaigns that have meaningfully contributed to achieving your company’s strategic goals. You’ve also demonstrated your ability to effectively engage with cross-functional internal stakeholders to develop content and positioning for various B2B products. You’ve enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment at a high-growth company, while demonstrating a high degree of empathy for clients, partners, and team members across departments.
You bring a process-driven approach to your work day-to-day, as well as a well-organized communication style. You are a detail-oriented and creative person who approaches challenges systematically. You are comfortable with having multiple balls in the air at the same time. While you see each project through to completion, you are also flexible enough to prioritize on the fly.
- Years of relevant work experience in marketing in dynamic and/or high-growth environments. Bachelor's degree; MBA or other advanced management degree is a plus
- Domain expertise through industry experience or education in one or several of the following areas: Electric mobility, electric utilities, automotive sector, B2B SaaS products, residential energy assets
- Experience in or familiarity with the electric utility industry, including knowledge of trade organizations and events
- Excellent written and verbal communication with impeccable attention to detail and ability to function effectively under time pressure
- Ability to work with diverse teams and translate between various areas of expertise
- Demonstrated marketing, project management and task prioritization skills, e.g., via consulting or business operations work
- Preferred experience with a range of the latest tools and apps in business productivity (e.g., Hubspot, Google Docs suite, Webflow, etc.)
This role will be San Francisco Bay Area-based and will require at least two days per week in the office.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $79,000 - $135,000 plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.