Commercial Counsel (Remote)
Weights & Biases
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the Commercial Counsel is a strategically important role that will support W&B at a time of rapid growth. The Commercial Counsel will partner closely with internal business teams on a broad variety of transactional and other business matters.
- Review and negotiate master subscription agreements with enterprise customers, working closely with Sales and Finance to drive deals to closure
- Review and negotiate a wide range of other commercial agreements, including partnership agreements and vendor agreements, working with stakeholders across the organization
- Provide practical counsel to Product, Growth, and other teams on data privacy, regulatory and other compliance topics
- Implement and improve policies and processes to manage legal and business risk on a global scale
- JD and a member of a U.S. state Bar in good standing
- 5+ years of experience in-house and/or at a law firm handling complex commercial, tech and/or corporate transactions
- Substantive knowledge of SaaS and software licensing
- Practical, solution-oriented and ready to roll up your sleeves
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex legal concepts into easy-to-understand advice
- Interest in machine learning technology and applications
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more open positions at Weights & Biases
Something looks off?