Manager of Payroll & Equity - US (Remote)
Weights & Biases
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to VP, Corporate Controller, the role will be responsible for all aspects of global payroll and equity process plus ad hoc tasks.
This position plays a key leadership role and will be an important contributor to help achieve the business strategy of W&B. The successful candidate will be expected to proactively support the Corporate Controller in driving forward business improvements in internal controls, reporting structures, and compliance obligations.
- Set KPIs for department driving customer-oriented results and maximum financial performance.
- Evaluate current department and provide a detailed road map on future state on Payroll, & Equity process and system
- Be the lead on process improvement to full automate the above processes
- Maintains relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Manage multiple entity accounting structure, ensuring processes are in place to account for intercompany transactions.
- Assists in the completion of special projects such as approval workflow, desktop procedures, FAQ documents, calendars, etc.
- Manage all aspects of the payroll process by making critical decisions regarding work processes, service delivery and compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Collaborates across all functions including Legal, HR, FP&A and other teams.
- 6+ years of progressive experience overseeing the processing of multi-state and multi-country payrolls for large non-exempt workforce with hands-on responsibilities
- Extensive working knowledge of best payroll practices; payroll taxes at the federal, state and local levels; and payroll compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Experience in a shared service, multi-location environment.
- Demonstrated experience in responding and resolving employee inquiries and concerns related to payroll and equity.
- Subject matter expertise and passion for equity administration
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong project-management focus
- Ability to manage multiple key stakeholders in a growth environment; desire to thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced organization
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at email@example.com.