Sales Development Manager (Regional, Chinese)
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The Role & Scope
- Manage the full sales cycle, right from identifying ideal prospects, all the way to closing deals successfully.
- Develop a list of prospects to contact on a regular basis..
- Use a mix of outbound outreach methods, including LinkedIn/email/phone calls, to contact prospects.
- Meet with interested companies to understand their business, plans, priorities and requirements in detail. Then provide relevant information on how Xendit can help.
- Engage in business and technical conversations with multiple stakeholders in order to close deals as quickly as possible.
- Coordinate integration and onboarding discussions/activities to help clients to start transacting on our platform.
What we’re looking for
- Have at least 2-4 years of sales experience, with a history of top tier performance. Preferably enterprise-related experience.
- Has experience and passion in supporting and handling Chinese-speaking merchants
- Have strong presentation skills, both during in-person meetings and over conference calls.
- Take a well planned and organised approach towards all work that you do.
- Is able to understand and communicate complex information with external and internal stakeholders, to manage expectations.
- Can effectively operate in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Are excited about prospecting and the thrill of closing sales deals.
- Have a positive and optimistic outlook, with the ability to handle setbacks and rejection.
- Believe in constantly learning and improving. This includes being open to feedback and coaching for improvement.
- Genuinely enjoy interacting with people, understanding their perspective and uncovering their pain points.
- Able to commit to the role and better improvise on the processes.
- Able to care and empathize with external and internal stakeholders to provide what is right for them.
- Must - Is fluent in English and Chinese, with other languages as optional.
- Optional - Have prior experience in the payments industry. This will be nice to have but is not necessary.
- Optional - Able to understand APIs and explain in basic technical terms.