Credit / Loan Underwriter Manager - SME, Corporate, Commercial
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
GMF, Xendit's proprietary financing arm under a Multifinance license from OJK, is dedicated to providing essential financing solutions to startups and small businesses. We empower these businesses with much-needed capital, enabling growth and improved cash flow, resulting in mutual success. To maintain this balance between growth and security, we're seeking a dynamic Credit Manager to lead our credit analysis and risk management efforts.
As a Credit Manager at GMF, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the responsible expansion of our financing services while upholding the highest standards of safety and security. Your focus will encompass:
- Credit Analysis and Evaluation: Assess credit applications from potential borrowers by meticulously analyzing financial documents such as income statements, invoices, and bank statements, determining their creditworthiness.
- Industry Insight: Maintain a comprehensive understanding of financial and business industries, identifying promising sectors for lending and proactively managing potential risks.
- Risk Management Strategies: Enhance and refine our existing credit risk management strategies, policies, and procedures, actively implementing measures to mitigate credit losses and prevent delinquencies.
- Credit Approval: Make informed credit approval decisions within established internal limits, applying sound judgment based on thorough analysis.
- Credit Scoring Models: Collaborate in the development, testing, validation, and monitoring of robust credit scoring models that underpin our credit decision-making process.Portfolio Oversight: Monitor the overall loan portfolio using key performance metrics, identifying trends and areas of concern to maintain a healthy and well-performing portfolio.Risk Identification and Solutions: Identify potential risks and provide insightful feedback, contributing to the implementation of effective risk-mitigation solutions.Borrower Monitoring: Vigilantly track borrowing accounts, ensuring adherence to credit and compliance standards, and proactively managing account behavior, cash flows, and repayments.
- Manage NPL ratios and improve collections: Work closely with collections teams to proactively manage and reduce overdue accounts, ensuring a well-maintained portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of proven experience in credit analysis, risk management, and portfolio oversight particularly in SME and commercial lending.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Communicate well both in Indonesian and English
- Proficiency in credit underwriting, financial analysis, credit risk metrics, financial statement reconstruction and business/cash flow verification.
- Work experience in a bank or lending institution, and fintech startups are preferred.
- With 1-2 years of managerial experience.
- Understand basic regulation for lending business (POJK)
- Generalist underwriter with a strong understanding of different business industries and lending products.
- Operations Excellence: Improve Current Workflow
- Emphasize continuous improvement in workflow processes.
- Document existing processes and propose enhancements to provide exceptional customer experiences.
- Credit Risk: Risk Management and Underwriting Process
- Develop underwriting models for diverse lending products and segments.
- Create and encourage innovative risk mitigation strategies while ensuring responsible lending.
- Provide credit assessments for pipelines and partnership initiatives.
- Eliminate bottlenecks in the credit process for a fast and responsive underwriting.
- Regular Portfolio Management: Back Testing and Reporting
- Conduct portfolio reviews to assess the effectiveness of underwriting models.
- Prepare internal reports, analyze portfolio performance, and recommend corrective actions.
- Policy Control: Agile Credit Policy Maintenance
- Maintain an agile credit policy for product, process, and partnership management.
- Develop multi-dimensional policies to support business growth and operational efficiency.
- Contribute to the creation of a progressive and adaptable underwriting framework.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
- Willing to do end-to-end work, from high level research and strategizing, all the way to executing operations. We like generalists who are able to do a bit of everything.