Government Relations - Philippines
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
The Government Relations Program Officer will report to the Head of Compliance and Government Relations for Xendit Philippines in ensuring that Xendit is well-positioned to engage in policy discussions that impact Xendit and its businesses. The role also requires cultivating and maintaining relationships with government units/agencies for business opportunities and partnerships.
The role will also be involved in managing the reputation of Xendit by driving strategic communications that promotes Xendit’s overall business goals and mission.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in dealing with local and national government offices, particularly with the legislative branch of government, policy think tanks, and academia.
- Proficiency in writing, policy analysis, policy research, and stakeholder relations management.
- Master's degree in political science, Public Administration, Legal Management, or a related Social Science field, or Law Degree(desirable but not mandatory).
- Strong network of contacts with government offices, legislative branches, and relevant organizations and agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and practice a high degree of integrity.
- Proven experience in taking initiative, leading stakeholders, and managing external partners while fostering collaboration.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to creatively develop new project ideas.
- Capability to independently assess, research, gather data, and engage diverse stakeholders to gather input and draw actionable recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills, including the ability to establish and maintain relationships with regulators and stakeholders.
- Passion for government engagement and a strong drive to make things happen.
As the Government Affairs Specialist at Xendit, your key responsibilities will encompass, but not be limited to, the following:
- Government Strategy Development:
- Establish government strategies that advance and safeguard Xendit's interests with government bodies, agencies, industry associations, SME communities, and other relevant groups.
- Regulation and Legislation Monitoring:
- Identify, monitor, and assess proposed regulations, legislation, emerging issues, and trends that may impact Xendit.
- Compile and analyze information, providing recommendations on how to navigate regulatory changes effectively.
- Government Partnership and Contract Pursuit:
- Actively position Xendit for government opportunities and contracts.
- Collaborate with the business team to identify and manage partnerships with government agencies.
- Content Creation and Communication:
- Prepare and, if necessary, present position papers, concept papers, proposals, blogs, and other content to share with stakeholders.
- Representation and Advocacy:
- Assist the Head in representing and articulating Xendit's legislative views and interests to government instrumentalities and offices.
- Coordinate government and industry activities and outreach to foster a positive regulatory environment.
- Relationship Building and Networking:
- Cultivate strong relationships and build a network with relevant local, national, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support marketing and advocacy/policy initiatives that align with Xendit's goals.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed