Junior Tax Accountant
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across and within SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About the Job
Xendit has a unique approach to compensation and benefit management. To help attract and retain the right talent to Xendit, we apply a regionally specific, globally cohesive approach. We’re looking for a Junior Account who is also a Tax Agent who will not only nail the execution of BIR requirements for our Staff (which is of course critically important to staff satisfaction), but someone who can advocate for our people, weigh in on localized policy creation, ensure we’re compliant with tax regulations and guide our staff through things like Tax Preparation, Tax Planning, and Registration and Compliance.
Our team is looking for a sensible and enthusiastic person to join the Philippines Tax team to prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns and other required filings with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and local authorities. The Tax Accountant will ensure the Company’s timely and accurate consultant compliance with the BIR’s tax rules, memoranda and regulations. As well as maintaining the reconciliation of the accounting and tax books. As a Tax Agent you will specialize in providing tax-related services to individuals and the business. This role involves staying up-to-date on tax regulations, preparing tax returns, and providing strategic tax planning advice to ensure compliance and optimize financial outcomes.
- You are a graduate of Accounting/Finance or a similar course
- Must be a CPA
- Must be a Tax Agent
- You have 3+ years of experience in tax filing and tax audit
- You are well versed in Philippine tax rules, memoranda and regulations
- Advanced Google Sheets/ Excel skills
- You are detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining quality work
- You have a discerning ability to prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- You are a team player and have great ownership mentality and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You pick up new skills quickly using a combination of self-exploration and relationship building
- Ensure timely compliance with BIR requirements for Consultants as follows
- Quarterly VAT
- Quarterly Income tax
- Submission of SLSP
- Summary List of Withholding agents
- Monthly monitoring of Vatable consultants receipts as a supporting documents of related to Input tax
- Preparation and coordination to external auditor for preparation of Audited FS of Itemized Vatable Consultants
- Provide strategic tax planning advice to clients to minimize tax liabilities and maximize financial efficiency.
- Stay informed about changes in tax laws and regulations to provide up-to-date guidance.
Consultants Onboarding and Consultation
- Participate on onboarding process by conducting Tax Onboarding session to discuss tax structure and compliance
- Gather relevant financial information and understand their unique tax situations.
- Address consultants' inquiries, concerns, and provide clear explanations of tax-related matters.
Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Maintain accurate and organized records of client financial information and tax-related documents.
- Prepare and submit necessary documentation to tax authorities.
- Represent consultants during tax audits, responding to inquiries from tax authorities, and negotiating on their behalf.
- Act as an intermediary between clients and tax agencies to resolve issue
Registration and Compliance
- Ensure that Consultants are registered with the RDO of their residence
- Ensure to secure all relevant documentations like COR, Books, OR’s , ATP etc
- Process Closure of registration for resigned consultants, filling zero pending closure confirmation
- Turnover to separated consultant, their tax documents should they wish to continue registration
Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
As the Junior Accountant and Tax Agent at Xendit, your role is integral to our commitment to financial excellence and compliance. From meticulous BIR compliance to strategic tax planning and consultant support, your dedication ensures our financial integrity. Your contribution goes beyond numbers, playing a crucial part in our mission to revolutionize payments in Southeast Asia. With a "do whatever it takes" mindset, you are a key player in Xendit's success story.