Senior iOS Engineer
What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 50+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual. We are currently hiring for this role in Europe only.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate iOS Engineer to help us in our continued mission to develop and scale BeReal to 100M+ users while prioritizing a world class user experience.
What you’ll do:
As an iOS Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and other cross-functional teams to define and drive the technical roadmap and architecture for the BeReal iOS application.
- Lead the development of complex features and architectural enhancements, ensuring scalability, performance, and maintainability of the iOS app.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other engineers, fostering their technical growth and helping them deliver high-quality code.
- Conduct thorough code reviews, ensuring adherence to best practices, code standards, and design principles.
- Continuously improve the iOS development process by introducing new tools, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Continuously work with backend, frontend and leadership teams enhance the BeReal iOS App Design
- Work with backend teams to design and implement efficient APIs and interfaces.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in iOS development and proactively identify opportunities to leverage new technologies and frameworks.
What you’ll bring:
- Vast experience as an iOS engineer, with a significant portion of that experience at a senior level in fast-paced, consumer-focused companies (social is a bonus).
- Proven track record of successfully delivering and scaling iOS applications with a large user base.
- Strong proficiency in Swift, SwiftUI and deep understanding of iOS frameworks and APIs.
- Experience with architecting and implementing complex mobile app architectures, including data modeling, networking, caching, and synchronization.
- Ability to make informed technical decisions, considering factors such as performance, scalability, and user experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills, with a passion for writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and inspire other engineers.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration and a collaborative mindset towards achieving shared goals.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-driven, with the ability to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
- Be comfortable operating in a scrappy environment, which will have you working deep in the code, but also reporting upwards simultaneously
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe or the US)
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you